Why The Heck Do This?

I bet by now you have been reading this blog wondering why the heck I do this... It would be natural after these posts. Anyone who knows me, knows I dot not do this rescue thing once in a while, but almost yearly. I have three rescues now. Guerma is the latest. But there was also Mahiar, and before her, Frea. After Mahiar, there was Marat, who I named Lucky after his extensive injuries rendered him the most unfortunate-looking rescue I have ever taken. There was Khan before that, but he was really just rescued from being bored to death. Khan was spoiled, and driving his dad nuts, but not really unfortunate in the way my other horses were.

Long long ago, almost twenty years ago, I had NITA. I did not buy her as a rescue. I bought her as a showhorse. She rescued me. Then I rescued Mikey. He was my very first official rescue. A lovely showhorse who was scared to death of grown humans, but completely unafraid of little girls. So I kept grown people away, and exposed him to loving treatment by the kids in Doris Mac Gee's barn, every chance we got. When I sold him, he was the most gentle horse and loving teacher I could have sent to live with Doris. He continued his career as a schoolmaster, untill two years ago.

I like fixing horses.

I also like fixing cats, and young women. But as I have a little 16 year old who wants lunch and arumbling tummy, I am going to get lunch, and continue writing later.

Comments

Popular Posts