More on my boob

Its official... My boob is okay.
Well, its healing from what they did to it, yesterday.
First, they smashed it for the Mammogram, then they felt me up in the dark, for my sonogram. This caused the Radiology Techs to determine that this mass that i have been living with isn't, in fact,The Big C, but instead is a huge cyst, that somehow got infected. So they took all thier sophisticated pictures, and then emailed them downstairs to the Dr. where she could review them. Then, she entered the little cubicle where I was waiting with K and CJ, and talked to me about how this diagnosis was yucky, but really the best news I could have hoped for.
Then she brought out the needles.
I shouldn't bitch, because heaven knows I have enough piercings... but I will have to complain. (Petulant whinging to follow.)
They stuck needles into the cyst and drained it. I nattered like an idiot, while they did it, chatting away vapidly, trying not to be aware of what they were doing. I know that they know I was just dealing with the indescribable stomach-flipping sensation of ...almost-pain, that is the not-quite-there feeling of "I am being operated on, and am full of lydocaine, but I still know that this procedure hurts me."
When they were done, they had 6 cc.s of icky yellow fluid in a tube, and I had a somewhat smaller, (and deflated looking) breast. The dr. invited me to feel myself up, and see what I thought. The Lump was gone. The rest of the day had me feeling faint and kind of creeped out. Off and on I was nauseated. Mostly, I wanted to lie down. I desperately wanted E with me. Of course, he had to work late, because that's how my universe operates. I think the likelihood of my seeing E in the evenings, is directly proportional to the inverse ratio of how badly I need to see him.
So I took a bath, and tried not to fall asleep, and E got home sometime around midnight.

Comments

Popular Posts