What the hell is it that I do, when I stop blogging for days at a time?
Some of you All have known me for quite some time.
I rarely do Journey work.
I rarely do direct work myself. I get helpers and spirits to do it for me. So non-journey work is my normal practice.
Asking souls on their way to the Havens to carry a message or request with them, is a common thing to me. Also, I do something thats approximately like finding spirits that want to be helpers, giving them a home in an object, then working out an arrangement between us, that seems fair. Thus I get that spirit to inhabit a talisman that is protective, or useful, or just plain good company, until its use becomes clear.
Sometimes I ask my ZOO of spirits all around me to go out and act as scouts and see whats going on, for me. This can clarify issues. I have used them as sentries on the property, and asked them to "Take out the trash, whenever it pops up," Some do this with glee and alacrity. Thus otherwise destructive entities become useful.
Some of the zoo are just there to offer advice, others heal. I used a swallow (bird) who makes its nest out of mud to help healing my broken arm. I also used a beaver to knit tissue. Its occurred to me that a hummingbird could be damn useful, as they weave their nest from leaves and spidersilk, harvesting spiderweb. This could be applied to repairing all kinds of tissue, so i will tuck the idea away for later.
Then there are the Random Friends. They come when they got problems and sit next to me at the counter, at the diner. Then they talk. Or they call. I advise. Sometimes I just listen. Often thats all they need. Many times they have messages for me if I am willing to sit quietly enough and watch what spirit is moving them. Very rarely I will slap down some cards and do readings for them.
I also have a Girl, an "apprentice" of sorts, that I am working with. I act as her teacher. I love this kid. Just by teaching her how to care for the horses, and how to ride, and making her good company, she is learning how to interact usefully with her siblings and parents, as well as her schoolteachers. Its hard work, because I have to be delicate about it. I am literally wielding my love and friendship as a teaching device. I give her hard chores. I see what she takes on of her own accord. I have been amazed and proud to see her VOLUNTARILY scrubbing out a slimy watering cistern, just because she saw it needed to be done. This is a disgusting job. One I personally hate. I never even indicated that it might be nice if this would get done. I was so proud. SO we have moved on in our "Soul healing" work, to learning to say we are sorry, and controlling our temper, at least enough so that people will stop offending her. (Imagine her surprise to discover that people were so bogus, because SHE was offensive to them, in the first place. WOW!) She is also learning about how to be patient, from watching me rehab damaged horses.
How is all that Shamanic? well invoking the spirit of patience, for her and for me, and placing it in her, without her knowing it is shamanic, and its HARD. Working on removing the spirit of contentiousness, without being a drag, and without her knowing is even harder. This is subtle work. But i had an excellent teacher...experience, and my old Boss. If he could fix me (and i watched him do it) I can do many of the same things now. The spirit of Horse helps alot. But also the chickens, and (I sweartogod!) spirits like cow, and grass (Bend little grasshopper, bend.)
So I guess Journey work is all great and ok, but I can call spirits to my house a lot of times, without having to go to the Land Of The Dead to chase them down. And talking to plants can be done here, if one is willing to listen. MAnaging my ghosts and figuring out what they want is almost a full time job in and of itself (One is a bossy Ancestor, who has an agenda set for me, but who openly doubt how much of it I can accomplish, and tells me so daily--probably hourly, if I would pay him any attention.) Just doing my Ranch chores, working horses and makin g sure that all souls out here are well and happy is my "work." This is my Tribe after all.
I rarely do Journey work.
I rarely do direct work myself. I get helpers and spirits to do it for me. So non-journey work is my normal practice.
Asking souls on their way to the Havens to carry a message or request with them, is a common thing to me. Also, I do something thats approximately like finding spirits that want to be helpers, giving them a home in an object, then working out an arrangement between us, that seems fair. Thus I get that spirit to inhabit a talisman that is protective, or useful, or just plain good company, until its use becomes clear.
Sometimes I ask my ZOO of spirits all around me to go out and act as scouts and see whats going on, for me. This can clarify issues. I have used them as sentries on the property, and asked them to "Take out the trash, whenever it pops up," Some do this with glee and alacrity. Thus otherwise destructive entities become useful.
Some of the zoo are just there to offer advice, others heal. I used a swallow (bird) who makes its nest out of mud to help healing my broken arm. I also used a beaver to knit tissue. Its occurred to me that a hummingbird could be damn useful, as they weave their nest from leaves and spidersilk, harvesting spiderweb. This could be applied to repairing all kinds of tissue, so i will tuck the idea away for later.
Then there are the Random Friends. They come when they got problems and sit next to me at the counter, at the diner. Then they talk. Or they call. I advise. Sometimes I just listen. Often thats all they need. Many times they have messages for me if I am willing to sit quietly enough and watch what spirit is moving them. Very rarely I will slap down some cards and do readings for them.
I also have a Girl, an "apprentice" of sorts, that I am working with. I act as her teacher. I love this kid. Just by teaching her how to care for the horses, and how to ride, and making her good company, she is learning how to interact usefully with her siblings and parents, as well as her schoolteachers. Its hard work, because I have to be delicate about it. I am literally wielding my love and friendship as a teaching device. I give her hard chores. I see what she takes on of her own accord. I have been amazed and proud to see her VOLUNTARILY scrubbing out a slimy watering cistern, just because she saw it needed to be done. This is a disgusting job. One I personally hate. I never even indicated that it might be nice if this would get done. I was so proud. SO we have moved on in our "Soul healing" work, to learning to say we are sorry, and controlling our temper, at least enough so that people will stop offending her. (Imagine her surprise to discover that people were so bogus, because SHE was offensive to them, in the first place. WOW!) She is also learning about how to be patient, from watching me rehab damaged horses.
How is all that Shamanic? well invoking the spirit of patience, for her and for me, and placing it in her, without her knowing it is shamanic, and its HARD. Working on removing the spirit of contentiousness, without being a drag, and without her knowing is even harder. This is subtle work. But i had an excellent teacher...experience, and my old Boss. If he could fix me (and i watched him do it) I can do many of the same things now. The spirit of Horse helps alot. But also the chickens, and (I sweartogod!) spirits like cow, and grass (Bend little grasshopper, bend.)
So I guess Journey work is all great and ok, but I can call spirits to my house a lot of times, without having to go to the Land Of The Dead to chase them down. And talking to plants can be done here, if one is willing to listen. MAnaging my ghosts and figuring out what they want is almost a full time job in and of itself (One is a bossy Ancestor, who has an agenda set for me, but who openly doubt how much of it I can accomplish, and tells me so daily--probably hourly, if I would pay him any attention.) Just doing my Ranch chores, working horses and makin g sure that all souls out here are well and happy is my "work." This is my Tribe after all.

Comments