A less personal "what I would like to do" list



Ok now that i have blogged the very personal, I will blog the less personal, and more superficial list of the things i want out of life. Like a baby from this guy, right here to our left.

I think if I bred him to my black mare, Ankara, I would get a stunning baby. I know its a strange thing to be greedy for, but i am greedy for this stallion, Karakaisu's-- semen.

I would like to breed him to Kara this year.

I would like to breed this next lovely white stallion to my beautiful copper bay Darpa. She was the one I took pictures of, with the baby, this past summer. His name is Habib. I would like him with her, because She will make the babies stronger, with better conformation and produce a cross that is finer than both parents. This is what every breeder wants, and it would certainly make me feel like a success!

Then theres Sam. He's my stallion. He came with a fabulous pedigrees and a very sad story. For a long time, despite his super movement, floating gaits, and his lovely good looks, he was thought useless because he had one hind leg with a bone slightly shorter than the other leg's. Considered a worthless birth defect, he was neglected. I watched him rot for 5 years, and never forgot him. Last year he came to live with me, due some tragedies that were both personal to me, and another friend. Death literally brought him to my doorstep, and when he came to land I was almost too unhappy to appreciate my great good luck.

I heard someone dismissively call him a "lame, impotent stud." I had the best vet in the area take a look at him and it was determined that the leg had a damaged growth plate, and through trial and error discovered his gig worked, it was just damaged. He had lived every guy's worst nightmare, and been kicked in the privates so hard his penis was collapsed in one area, due to crushed tissue. He might need help to have sex, but there was nothing wrong with the important stuff! (His semen!)

If I could have babies from him with my broodmare Gumsara, I would really be happy. This is a dream match I have been literally fantasizing about for the past 5 years. Double dose of Elverde Teleke through two wonderful mares who are half sisters: Gumri and Sona. One is beautiful, and the other a beautiful mover. Both are outstanding broodmares, with great production records. The sires involved are only the best: Melesur and Munir.

Truly this is the shit I think about when i am falling asleep. I want to build a band of the best Akhal Teke breeding horses in the US, and this is where I want to start. I think the foals from these crosses could give me a reliable nucleus of genetic materiel that could stamp out superior Akhal Teke foals of great Talent conformation and type.

Having those, I would then turn my ambitions to education, and wish to go to Russia to study the Akhal Teke Breed at the Horse Institute for three months. I would like to immerse myself in learning about the 52 mare lines, the 18 sire lines, the production records of the surviving horses in Russia, Europe, and in America. So I could write a book, of course.

Then, by now having my fine horses, an education in their breed that is unparalelled, and a complete familiarity with most of the living breeding stock, and much of their ancestry, I would then go more general, and seek to enter school at the Parelli Equine University and get a more Natural Horsemanship oriented education in horse-training. This way as an accredited Parelli professional, I could teach others to get along better with their horses. I could support myself, and I could train my (Wonderful) Tekes!

Can you see my plan to take over the world starting to form?

It will take years and years to accomplish it all.

I dont care.

First: Personal life and mental health in order.
Sametime/second: (cause this is gonna take a while) Breed up those super babies!
Third: Graduate level education in breeding and training

Fourth: Take a vacation!

After all that stuff I am going to need one! and i havent even gotten into what i am going to do with the kid, and my social life and plans for all the stuff I want to do while I am waiting for the super foals to be born, have i?

I'll talk about that in another post.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Welcome back. I'd been wondering about you, checking your blog lately and wondering if I should e-mail or not.

-Brett
Anonymous said…
I think you're really brave for just thinking in these terms, Ms.F... this does seem like a lot of success to me!
*whinnies like a Turkomen Horse*
Karagush said…
Glad to be back, and glad to hear from you both. I'll keep posting now that i am back in it...

F
Mallow said…
Parelli Natural Horsemanship is a very fulfilling way to develop a rapport with your horses... I'm so happy I found it. Best of luck to you in your journey with your horses!

Popular Posts